Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 3: Sierpinski Triangle + Oakland Museum

Today we work on making a Sierpinski triangle. We first tried with our hands to compare our speed with the computer speed. No surprise, the computer iterated faster then we did. After that we went to the Oakland Museum to take some pictures.Triangle Fusion: This image is a triangle after several itration. After I had the triangle completed, I started to make copy of the triangle and started to build something out of it. In the end it came out something like that.

Forest of the Small: This is one of my favorite image that day. It was taken outside the museum. This is a image of a group of fern. I took this image from behind the plant. I wanted to have a image of how it would look if your a side of a grain of rice. The image is simple and it also iterates. As the plant itself grows, it leaf grows the same. On it branch, are similar shape of the plant, following the pattern over and over again.Green Day: This is another image of a fern. I chose this image because I like how the ferns are up close and the way they take up the screen. I see fractal pattern. As you zoom in to the plant, you see the same pattern that the plant take shape of.Purple Star: This image was taken up by the top of the museum. I chose this image because of how it has a similar shape of a star. The pattern in this flower is the strips of dark purple on the pedal.White Sun: This is an image of the back of a leaf. I chose this image because for some reason my camera has a lot of images of fern. As the white sun shine though the plant, you can see the patterns it will grow in to. It will branch out and grow similar figure.

3 comments:

  1. That triangle thing you made is super cool. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture of the Triangle Fusion. Cool 3-D effects popping out on the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really liking the picture of the Sierpinski Triangle. You are the only person ive seen that has made it 3D

    ReplyDelete